Dan is an experienced workshop facilitator, devising and delivering engaging workshops for children and adults. He offers tailored workshops for:
- Spoken word, poetry writing, and performance for Primary and Secondary Schools, from Years 3 to 13.
- Spoken word, poetry writing, and performance for Adults and in Community settings.
- Professional Development for Poets and Performers.
Throughout Bexley Libraries' Book Buzz Festival, Dan will be in-residence: creating poems on-demand for library users, writing short verse on social media, facilitating creative writing workshops, and performing too!
• Poetry workshop for adults at Sidcup Library, Wed 21 Feb 2.30pm – 4pm
• Poetry workshop and performance for teens and young adults at Central Library, Thu 22 Feb 4pm – 6pm
• Poetry reading at Erith Library, on Fri 23 Feb 3.30pm – 5pm
Being Human is a festival of the humanities. Dan worked with the University of Kent and Canterbury Roman Museum to deliver workshops and performances around the hopes and fears of architecture, using artefacts from Britain's Roman history to inspire participants.
Dan was Canterbury Laureate 2013-14 for Canterbury Festival, working on City of Voices, a community-based poetry project, writing commissioned poems, and delivering workshops for the Schools’ Poetry Competition. The competition culminated in a final event on National Poetry Day, where prizes for writing and performing were given.